Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Never Underestimate Your Usefulness

     We are creatures of habit and fall into routines quite easily. Living within routine, I think that there is a point at which you feel not useful anymore. The job or the activities become the same old motions that don't seem to progress or maybe even matter. When this "staleness" settles in, it is good to step back and take a moment to fully recognize your own importance and value. Try to see the actual results of your work and take time to appreciate any gratitude that is given to you. Most likely you are more appreciated than you think -- I find that this is the case often for me.
     It also helps to realize that there are other areas in which you may prove very useful. We all have various talents and interests  -- pursue them! You may surprise a coworker or friend that you have more to offer. My current job is pretty routine, but I found that I was able to offer tax advice and computer support to a coworker. He was surprised, yes, but also very appreciative. I just had to share a little and be open to opportunities.

Don't let routine bog you down. Find refreshing ways to apply yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment