Monday, February 25, 2013

Revisits

Bright winter sun on fresh snow. Chai in the mug and chocolate zucchini bread on the plate. A familiar setting with memories in the air~
The day that a child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise. - Alden Nowlan
    I can see it from here. Just across the room, up a step, near the window. The tall table where I sat nearly two years ago. It was my birthday and my mind was infused with inspiration. A little brainstorming and this blog was created. I wrote furiously with hope and yearning for better understanding of myself and this life. Reflection and prayer came so easily when I felt connected to people and energized by the many blessings from God. Fueled by many warm mugs and hours of letting my mind wander, these electronic pages were filled with the typed words. Words that echoed in my head and answered the questions in my heart. They were shared and commented on by those in my life. Many hours. Many miles. Many changes...
   Now, I look back over to the corner table where I once sat and dreamed this into existence. Part of me is envious - there is so much in store for that man. I want to tell him about all the joy and heartache that is ahead. I want to warn him and instruct him on better choices. Yet, I am also grateful and appreciative. That man's choices will bring me to where I am today. Bring me to the person I am now. Yes, there are a couple things that I wish he had done differently along the way, but there isn't much point in focusing on those things. Choices were made and time passed. I am here now.
   So, another bright winter morning at a tall table in a familiar coffee shop. New choices lay before me and new insights flood my mind. Each day I look for strength and courage to face the trials and make those choices. Some days I wake with hope for my future - confidence in myself and knowing my true worth. Other days, the outlook is less rose colored - takes more effort to cultivate motivation and peace.

   I know this much: I am loved by my creator and have immeasurable value. We are called to know ourselves as beloved creations and to care for each other. In all that we do, we should respect and love ourselves and those around us. Cultivate community and help all to realize that they have amazing worth.

Easy said. Easy done.

No comments:

Post a Comment