Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Miracles and Worth

Winter sunlight pouring in through the windows. Curled up in a warm room, on a cozy bed, and with a delicious aroma spilling from my mug~

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is a miracle. -Albert Einstein
    I know that I have heard this thought before. Whether it was Mr Einstein or another original mind, the heart of the concept is the same. Do you walk along seeing the world as a beautiful place that was wonderfully made and set before us to explore and treasure? Or do you go along in your normal day-to-day practices without noticing the miraculous, even if it was set right before you? I suppose that I like to picture myself as an "everything is a miracle" kind of person. That there truly is wonder and beauty in everything around us.
   However, looking back, I can not convince myself that I am living that way. I think that I used to, but have lost much of that wonder and awe. I suppose growing up does that. The worst moment was when I felt my imagination slip away. I was a very imaginative child. I could spend hours spinning imagined tales and living out the grand adventures of the characters in my mind. The world was a playground where anything was possible. Then two things came into my life: video games and bullies. The former left me with no opportunity to imagine my own world. The latter scared and shamed the imagination right out of me.
   So, I would say that I live hoping for miracles. Yet once you are living that path of the day-to-day, it becomes increasingly difficult to recognize the miraculous. Everything becomes normal and expected. It takes a real massive event to shake you.
   How do we re-cultivate our imaginations and learn to appreciate the miracles around us?
   Personally, I will start by learning to see and appreciate the worth of everything around me. Seems the best way to break the monotony of the expected each day. The sun rises each morning to wake us and warm the land for us to venture out of our homes. Music is composed and played to lift our spirits and speak to our souls. Food and drink are prepared and enjoyed to nourish our bodies and excite our taste buds. We connect with each other through the casual hellos and the warm hugs. We amaze and stun each other with the freedom of our behavior. We love and support each other. Every day we work to find our own worth and appreciate the worthiness in others. -These are the first steps to seeing miracles.-

Keep stepping. Miracles await.

No comments:

Post a Comment