Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Ledger

Early morning sunlight cascading over frozen peaks. Crumbs from my breakfast on the table. Tea steam in the air~

Every moment and every event of man's life on earth plants something in his soul. -Thomas Merton
  I adore this truth. It brings me hope and peace in those times when the events of my life seem too confusing to be meaningful or too painful to bring anything good. In those unsettling moments, I can remind myself that I am merely doing the work that builds a great life. True joy and that full sense of worthiness will only be ours if we allow our lives to be full - of every emotion and experience. Stay diligent and let the work happen.
  Like many, the new year led me to reflect upon my life thus far and where my path is leading. Along the way, I realized that I do have many little moments and events that enrich my soul each day. I am an avid journal writer, but sometimes long-winded words do me no favors. I merely want to record that unique moment to remember and treasure down the road.
   Enter The Ledger...
  I have begun to keep my own personal ledger. Not for tracking the financial business of my life. Rather, to record the true gathering of wealth. A ledger to keep track of those little moments and events that lift my soul and make this life on earth truly blessed. A short recount of the experience and the date. Simple. I look forward to developing my ability to notice these moments when they arrive. Down the road, I will look back through my ledger and that is how I will measure my wealth on this realm.

May all our ledger entries be plentiful~

No comments:

Post a Comment