Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Many Cups Later...

Time moves on. Life blurred past. Now, called to return.
  I have had many a day with tea and reflection. In fact, I would be hard pressed to find a single day of my life that I was not pondering. Pondering my purpose. Pondering God's will. Pondering my next step. Pondering...
  I believe that this constant need to reflect on life and examine myself will always be present. It is essential and seems to be rather healthy. I find that I am not always near a place to record these mental wanderings. Initially there is great sorrow and uneasiness in this fact. How could I let so many thoughts and feelings, epiphanies and truths go unrecorded? Have all my days of internal journeying been lost to the relenting movement of time?
  It would be easy to think so. Easy to jump to that conclusion, settle into the grief of that massive loss, and lose hope for the whole thing. Yet, you know...I know better. I know that all along I have been reflecting and finding truth. I have also been recording everything within myself. I may not have written word to turn to, but I do have my heart and my spirit. Every truth and lesson has been gathered within myself - permanently. So, no sorrow for lost time. (Where have I heard THAT before?) All in its time and all for a reason. Let us pick up where we left off. Life is constantly changing and God is teaching us new things every day. The challenge of life is to be ready to learn and be open to the necessary growth.

  So, I will continue to put the kettle on. I will settle down and let my mind drift with the steam of my cup. There is truth and there is wisdom if we take time to pay attention. I will be taking that time.

  Want to come around and hear some pondering?

No comments:

Post a Comment