Friday, April 29, 2011

Passing Days and Living

     Looking back over a week, I discover that there exist gaps in my memory. Try as I might, I struggle to remember exactly what I did in the previous several days. Time is funny like that. I know that I was awake and doing many things, but I am not sure that I could tell you what they were. I know that I worked a little and prepared meals. I shared time with friends and found time to bury my nose in a book. I recall playing games and listening to music. Maybe even being outside and enjoying the sunny weather...or did it rain and snow?
     Yet, I have no regrets. I do not worry over not being able to recall this time. There is no sorrow or feelings of lost time. I simply realize that life took control and led me where it wished. I ate, worked, played, and slept. I was happy and down. Energetic and worn out. Sometimes you just need to go with the natural flow of life. You will accomplish what you can. You will meet who you should. And you will live your days and the days are meant to be lived.

No sorrow over lost time because there is no such thing as lost time.

1 comment:

  1. I remember my dad telling me when I graduated from college that soon I would be 30 and wondering where all the time went. (It's so my dad to say something like that...) I told him, "No, I plan on knowing exactly how I spent all my time." --meaning, basically, that I didn't plan to fritter away the years. I do sometimes feel like I ought to have Accomplished Something by now, but, you're right, I have (mostly) enjoyed and fully lived these past 5 years, and I plan to keep doing and, on my 30th, say, "Ah, those were some good years. Who cares where all the time went?" :-)

    ReplyDelete