Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fitting Just Right

     Often, my days end up feeling unsettled or just plain awkward. Usually this is due to encounters with people that just don't quite feel right. I will feel out of my element and rather uncomfortable. The day and everything about it just doesn't fit me right. They are not always bad days when this happens. They just leave me looking forward to the next day when I can rectify some situations and build up relationships. However, there are those rare gems of days that fit perfectly. Today was one of those days.
     I felt confident in where I was and who I was around -- from the people I worked with to the ones that just asked little questions. I just meshed well with those around and seemed to say just the right thing. These rare days instill me with such joy that I am able to rise above all my worries and cares and truly appreciate the world around me. The sunrise on the way to work greeted me warmly. The warm sunshine and cool breeze were a great balance as I worked. A pair of red-tailed hawks soared above me as I greeted guests and laughed with co-workers. The fresh spring air flowed into my open truck window. The smells and tastes of good food and drink lulled me into a relaxing evening.
     Handshakes and fist-bumps. High fives and pats on the back. Long stories and hugs. I felt like I belonged and that things were right. Amongst these towering peaks, I found a place to fit.

Surround yourself with the people and the places that make you feel like you fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment