Friday, April 8, 2011

Kidding Around A Little

     Today I let my inner kid have the day. A day to have fun and play. Breakfast of a frosted cinnamon rolls and playing a board game. Then I threw on a fun t-shirt featuring Shakespeare, a pair of funky jeans, and my green Converse sneakers. A day at the coffee shop reading whatever I wanted. Driving down the road with awesome music and sweet treats. Watching silly shows and making jokes. Playing foosball and just generally goofing around. Just enjoying the people in my life and having fun -- being silly just because I can!
     I have to say that it was quite the refreshing day. I felt more energetic all day long -- ready to do more and be very active. I also felt incredibly creative today. Everything around me, from music to the mountains, just inspired me and got my mind playing out possibilities. It is a wonderful feeling to be ready to try anything and get so much done. I had fun and was grateful for the day. The energy and inspiration fueled new ideas that will keep me going for quite a while. I think that we all just need that release some days. We need to feel young, curious, and energetic. Our minds get refreshed and we get some much needed exercise. We are able to take a step back from our lives and really see the full scope of all our responsibilities. Then, they don't seem so daunting and we often see the solutions clearly. The playing and goofing around actually helps you focus.

So, go get into a little trouble and have fun. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. You ARE a troublemaker when you wear those shoes! :-) But it's fun.

    ReplyDelete