Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Settle In

     A new space. A new place to lay my head and pass the days. And most of all, a new place to store my stuff. I always start with arranging the big items in a space to fit my liking. Then I can fill every cranny and nook with my belongings. Stash a little there and set something out here. Fill that blank wall with something. The contents of my little car have now exploded out into my new space. I have made the once foreign space all my own.
     It occurs to me that humans are nesting creatures. We have our spaces and our belongings. We put everything in its proper place and work to create a comfortable setting. It is not that we lack resilience - we are fully capable of adapting. Our technology and advancements have made it possible for us to create spaces and to change our habitats. So, we nest and settle into our spaces. Part of our character is imprinted on our dwellings. All this so that we may call these spaces home. A place to return to and remember. A comfort when needed - a refuge in the storm.

Settle and find comfort - both in space and people.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the farm is a place full of comfort for you! I'm sure glad to have you nearby.

    ReplyDelete