Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sunsets and Sunrises

     The day started with a rushed drive to work beneath an amazing sunrise. Brilliantly red fading to a bright orange. The robust color on my morning commute was refreshing and had me hopeful for the day. Ah, but I must remember the saying..."Red sky at morning, sailors take warning. Red sky at night, sailors delight."
The day was long and tiring. Not hard, but most certainly slow. There are days when nothing of any particular importance will occur and you are left to entertain yourself. The day crawled by and the snail's pace got me home in a weary and tired state. At that point, it is best to relax and not take on new projects or make lofty goals.
     I did both however and was thoroughly discouraged. Nothing turns out quite as planned and at the very end of the day, it may feel as though nothing were accomplished. Yet, I did take a moment to gaze out my window and notice that the sunset was just as brilliant as the sunrise that morning. The reds and oranges were streaking across the sky -- the edges of the clouds gilded in silver. I remembered the saying again and had high hopes for the next day. This day had been completed. It may not have been my best day ever, but it was a day -- the sun rose and set. There is always another day to get something done or to make new goals.

Let each day begin and end. The day is a gift -- from sunrise to sunset.

1 comment:

  1. Nice imagery! Glad you got to notice some beauty in the midst of all the frustration and hurry. :-)

    ReplyDelete